Alberta Health Services (AHS) has declared the E. coli outbreak linked to a hutterite colony meat shop is over.
The Meat Shop at Pine Haven located south of Wetaskiwin, was responsible for 42 cases of E. coli linked to their pork products.
This includes 13 patients who needed hospital care, and one person that likely died due to infection with E. coli.
Alberta Health services says, while the outbreak is considered over, there may be additional cases confirmed in the coming weeks.
They're asking people to check their freezers to make sure they still don't still have products affected by the recall.
The meat shop has been given the green light to start selling pork products again.
Send your news tips, story ideas and comments to [email protected]