Confirmed recovered cases now number 2,713, and 96 new cases of COVID-19 were reported in today's COVID-19 update. unfortunately, one more Albertan has died at a continuing care facility.
Other details provided include:
- Cases have been identified in all zones across the province:
- 3,842 cases in the Calgary zone
- 1,075 cases in the South zone
- 504 cases in the Edmonton zone
- 221 cases in the North zone
- 88 cases in the Central zone
- 36 cases in zones yet to be confirmed
- Of these cases, there are currently 90 people in hospital, 19 of whom have been admitted to intensive care units (ICU).
- 743 cases are suspected of being community-acquired.
- The total deaths are 95: 62 in the Calgary zone; 15 in the North zone; 12 in the Edmonton zone; 5 in the South zone; and one in the Central zone.
- To date, 615 cases have been confirmed at continuing care facilities, and 67 residents at these facilities have died.
- There have been 152,123 people tested for COVID-19 and a total of 161,245 tests performed by the lab. In the last 24 hours, 3,728 tests have been completed.
- A total of 5,766 cases have been confirmed.
- In the Cochrane-Springbank geographical area, there have been 18 cases. Fourteen have recovered and four are active. Yesterday, it was reported there were 18 confirmed cases, 15 recovered, and three active.
About the AB TraceTogether app
- The ABTraceTogether app will enhance current manual contact tracing and capacity, and facilitate early detection to help reduce the spread of the virus and better protect Albertans. It means Albertans will be contacted more quickly if they are at risk.
- The use of the app is voluntary; users must opt-in.
- The app does not track the user’s physical location and does not use GPS. Protecting privacy is paramount; all contact data is only on the user’s phone and is deleted after 21 days.
- Secure contact tracing is a cornerstone of Alberta’s Relaunch Strategy. More information on the app, including links to download it, can be found online.
- Since its launch, the app has attracted more than 86,000 registered users.
- Technical issues with the registration code, experienced by some users, have been resolved.