There are now 83 people hospitalized in Alberta being treated for COVID-19, 20 of them who have been admitted to intensive care units.
That's six more than reported yesterday, as the number of confirmed cases continues to rise, yet is much lesser than the increase in confirmed recoveries.
Today it was reported there are 247 new cases, raising the total number of cases to 4,480 so far. Confirmed recoveries total 1,549 up sharply from 1,471 yesterday.
Other updated information includes:
- Cases have been identified in all zones across the province:
- 3,104 cases in the Calgary zone
- 598 cases in the South zone
- 479 cases in the Edmonton zone
- 182 cases in the North zone
- 83 cases in the Central zone
- 34 cases in zones yet to be confirmed
- 460 cases are suspected of being community-acquired.
- The total deaths are 73: 46 in the Calgary zone; 14 in the North zone; 10 in the Edmonton zone; two in the South zone; and one in the Central zone.
- To date, 435 cases have been confirmed at continuing care facilities, and 48 residents at these facilities have died.
- There have been 125,310 people tested for COVID-19 and a total of 131,572 tests performed by the lab. In the last 24 hours, 4,407 tests have been completed.