As of 6 p.m. Tuesday (May 4) evening, Premier Kenney is scheduled to announce more COVID-19 restrictions in order to bend the curve of rising cases.
Prior to the announcement, the daily numbers were released.
- The province added 1,743 new cases in the past 24 hours with a positivity rate of 11 per cent.
- There were 876 variants of concern identified and now account for 63% of all active cases.
- There are now 23,623 active cases in Alberta.
- There are 671 people in the hospital with 150 in ICU.
- Another nine deaths were recorded bringing the total to 2,099.
- Cochrane is reporting 198 active cases while Rocky View County has 250.
- To date, 29.9 per cent of Albertans have received at least one shot of vaccine while 6.7 per cent are fully immunized.