Cochrane is holding at 61 active cases. Rocky View County has dropped six for a total of 129 active cases.
The province is not faring as well as Dr. Deena Hinshaw provided the update for Friday, December 11.
- In the past 24 hours, Alberta recorded 1,738 new cases after 21,000 tests were performed.
- The positivity rate remains high at 8.3%.
- There are 684 people in the hospital with 123 of those in ICU.
- Alberta now has 20,161 active cases.
- The death toll continues to rise with another 18 deaths reported bringing the total to 684.
The rising numbers seem to confirm the need for stricter health protocols. Those restrictions go into effect on Sunday morning.
Dr. Deena offered this plea, "This weekend, please do not rush into malls or cram into businesses tomorrow before the restrictions kick in.
Don’t host a holiday or Hanukkah party just because you don’t think you’ll get caught.
Don’t plan a family gathering just because you’re pretty sure that your family doesn’t have COVID.
Every action we take is like throwing a stone into a lake – it ripples out and we cannot know where those ripples will end."