Cochrane Fire Services responded to a suspected gas leak near Good Life Fitness on Wednesday, June 29, at around noon. 

Fire Inspector Jeff Avery says, "We did get called to a gas line that was struck by Good Life Fitness and once we got there, there was a gas leak."

Fire Services did evacuate the Bow Valley Credit Union building along with the adjacent businesses in the strip mall at 214 Grande Blvd.

Avery says, "There were no injuries or anything like that, everything has since been corrected and ATCO is on the scene and working on the problem."

 Avery reports people have been able to return to the evacuated buildings and for the moment, No Frills does not have gas but it is open.