Dr. Deena Hinshaw provided the COVID-19 update for Tuesday, January 12.
- Cochrane has dropped six cases for a total of 49 active cases.
- Rocky View County has dropped five cases for a total of 82 active cases.
- The province saw 652 new cases after 9,300 tests were performed for a positivity rate of 6.8%.
- There are 819 people in the hospital with 132 in ICU.
- There were 38 more deaths reported in the past 24 hours.
- One school is currently on alert with a single case.
Dr. Hinshaw was able to deliver good news with regards to contact tracing.
"With more contact tracers and fewer cases, we are reducing the number of cases with unknown exposures. Currently, only about 47 of our active cases have an unknown source. This is down from about 80% from December 10th to 15th."
Hinshaw says AHS is now able to reach out within 24 hours to all high priority cases.