As part of Cochrane Culture Days, seven art studios are opening their doors on Saturday (Sept. 12) to provide a peek into their creative process.
From 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., people are welcome to visit the studios, most in the downtown area, and others just a brief car ride away.
Jola Muran, art and culture programmer for the Town of Cochrane, says a map is available on the town website to help guide people to the studios.
"The map has clear phone numbers, websites and addresses for folks to get around and take a look at these studios in a safe and healthy way."
Those who can't attend in person can enjoy a massive virtual tour, also available on the town website.
"There's doors to open and press and check it out. So you press this link and it takes you to a huge show," she explains.
The virtual tour has the added advantage of potentially reaching a worldwide audience.
"Someone in Toronto, for example, could come visit a virtual art walk, because that's on the website as well, and it's all part of Culture Days."
Opening their doors are:
- Studio West Bronze Foundry & Studio - 205-2 Ave. E. Cochrane
- Final Touch Art Studios & Gallery 9 - 118-1st Ave., Cochrane
- Route 22 Artist Collective - Unit 18, 312-5th Ave.
- Saffron Collective Studio - 205-3rd Ave., Cochrane
- Blackwell Studio - 50127 Township Rd 280, Rocky View County
- Starr Kolb Studio - 35051 Township Rd. 262, Cochrane
- Art 4 Everyone - #4 1 Bow Ridge Rd., Cochrane