Cochrane RCMP has laid charges as a result of the fatal motor vehicle collision which took place on Highway 1A near Morley Road this past weekend on Aug. 19, 2022, at around 7:35 p.m.
53-year-old Samantha Wylie, a Fort Saskatchewan resident, was declared deceased at the scene as a result of the collision.
33-year-old Kendra Bigstony of Morley, Alta., is being charged with the following offences:
· Operation while impaired by alcohol causing death (over 0.08)
· Operation while impaired causing death
· Operation while impaired by alcohol causing bodily harm (over 0.08)
· Operation while impaired causing bodily harm
· Driver in accident fail to remain at scene
· Drive while suspended or disqualified
Bigstony has been released from custody with conditions after a judicial hearing. Bigstony will be in Cochrane Provincial Court on Tuesday, August 30th, at 9:00 a.m.
As the investigation continues, the RCMP is asking for any witnesses or people with footage of the event to please come forward with information.
If you have information regarding this investigation contact Cochrane RCMP at 403-932-2211