Cochrane's active cases are on the rise and now sit at eight with 29 in Rocky View County.
Dr. Deena Hinshaw provided an update after a four day break and the numbers are as follows:
- Over four days, the province saw and average of 567 new cases per day
- Friday saw 581 new cases after over 13,100 tests performed
- Saturday saw 525 new cases after over 13,000 tests performed
- Sunday saw 592 new cases after over 11,300 tests performed
- Monday saw 570 new cases after over 8,400 tests performed
- There are 167 people in hospital with 27 in ICU
- There were 15 new deaths reported over a four day period
- The province now has 6,110 active cases and increase of nearly 1000 in the past four days
Hinshaw says we are at a critical phase and more measures may need to be taken. Hinshaw says she is extremely concerned about the rise in numbers in the Calgary Zone.