There was not a live update for Wednesday, April 7 but the COVID-19 numbers have been posted.
- The province saw 1,351 new cases with a positivity rate of 9.7%.
- There were 575 new variant cases identified which now account for 43% of all active cases.
- There are 333 people in the hospital with 79 in ICU.
- One additional death now bringing the province's total to 2,002.
- Cochrane added 11 new cases for a total of 94 active cases while Rocky View County saw 18 new cases for a total of 159.
- Stoney Nakoda continues to hold at one active COVID-19 case.
- To date, 755,831 doses of vaccine have been administered in the province.