Cochrane and Rocky View County are holding steady with active case numbers. Cochrane remains at seven and RVC is at 27.
Dr. Deena Hinshaw provided a provincial update this (Friday) afternoon and reported, "Today the City of Calgary is shifting onto the watch list. There are currently 686 active cases which is 50.9 per 100,000. We have recently seen several outbreaks in that city linked to social gatherings and this is yet another reminder that no region is immune from this virus and that one case can quickly lead to many if restrictions are not followed."
The provincial numbers were are as follows:
- There are 117 people in hospital with 11 in ICU
- There are 332 new cases reported in the past 24 hours with more than 14,000 tests performed
- Fortunately, no new deaths were reported
- Currently, Alberta has more than 2,800 active cases
- There active alerts or outbreaks in 200 schools
Dr. Hinshaw commended parents, schools, staff and students for keeping the transmissions down in schools. She reported, " To date, we have seen in-school transmission in only 61 schools with 2/3 of these only seeing a single new case result."