Dr. Hinshaw provided a live update for Tuesday, March 16 and the numbers were as follows.
- There were 355 new cases in the past 24 hours with a positivity rate of 5.9%
- There are 260 people in the hospital with 44 of those in ICU
- Three additional deaths were reported.
- There were 62 new variant cases reported.
- Cochrane's active cases dropped six for a total of 38 and Rocky View County gained seven for a total of 37.
- To date, 379,882 Albertans have received a dose of the COVID-19 vaccine.
With spring break approaching Dr. Hinshaw addressed the subject of camps for kids, "Under our current public health measures, day camps are not yet permitted to take place. I understand the desire for these camps, and I know that many people would like to have them happen during spring break or the Easter long weekend. But these sorts of activities create risk of mixing groups and it is extremely difficult to limit the risk of exposure. That is why these camps will not be allowed until Step 4 of the path forward."