Cochrane has dropped three for a total of 50 active COVID 19 cases. Rocky View County dropped six for a total of 115.
Dr. Deena Hinshaw reported the provincial numbers for Friday, December 18.
- The province saw another 1,413 new cases after 19,500 tests were performed for a positivity rate of 7.5%.
- There are 759 people in the hospital with 141 of those in ICU.
- There are 19,607 active cases in the province.
- Another 25 deaths were reported in the past 24 hours bringing that total to 815.
- To date 67,159 people have recovered from the virus.
Dr. Hinshaw again pleaded with Albertan's to follow the health guidelines.
"With the weekend upon us, I’m asking all Albertans to remain vigilant in following the restrictions in place. I know many people are still busy preparing for the holidays and shopping for groceries and gifts, but we all need to do so in the safest manner possible. Do not try to crowd into malls or stores. If you’re able to, take advantage of curbside pick-up, or online telephone ordering.If you must go shopping in-person, only go shopping with those in your household, and try to go at a less busy time."