Cochrane remains at nine active cases with Rocky View County up from ten to 21.
Dr. Deena Hinshaw provided an update on Tuesday, October 13 with the following numbers:
- Friday saw 236 new cases after over 16,000 tests were performed
- Saturday saw 259 new cases after 13,800 tests were performed
- Sunday saw 246 new cases after 16,700 tests were performed
- Monday saw 220 new cases after over 11,000 tests were performed
- There are 97 people in hospital with 13 in ICU
- There were four more deaths reported since last Thursday
- Edmonton continues to be the hotspot with 1,444 active cases
- There are outbreaks in 209 schools which is nine percent of all the schools in the province
- Of the 2,615 active cases province-wide 464 are from schools
Dr. Hinshaw also announced that AHS is making a shift in their testing approach. Starting Wednesday, October 14, AHS will be moving to an appointment ONLY approach to testing a AHS assessment sites. Albertan's will need an appointment to be tested. More information can be found at the AHS website.