Dr. Deena Hinshaw was practicing what she preaches on Monday. A cold kept her home and she made her Monday update from there. She was tested over the weekend and received a negative result and is subsequently suffering from a cold. Dr. Hinshaw was able to provide her update via technology.
- Cochrane saw an increase of one active case bringing the total to three
- Rocky View County saw and increase of two active cases bringing that total to 13
- Friday saw 60 new cases after over 16,000 tests were performed
- Saturday saw 184 new cases after over 16,000 tests were performed
- Sunday saw 162 new cases after over 18,500 tests were performed
- There are 63 people in hospital with 15 in ICU this number largely due to the outbreak at the Foothills hospital
- Alberta currently has 1,049 active cases
- Twenty schools that were under alerts are now back to class with the alerts lifted
- 113 schools have alerts or outbreaks
- Sadly, four more deaths have been reported since Friday
Dr. Hinshaw spoke to the idea of "herd immunity" as a way of combating the virus and she adamantly says that this is not a feasible protocol by which to lessen the impact of the virus.