If you're needing to get around in Cochrane and you're without a vehicle COLT is still running.
But the on-demand service is running at a diminished capacity.
No more than six riders can be in a vehicle at a time and the Town of Cochrane has instituted physical distancing practices.
The Town has also added some enhanced safety and cleaning measures.
· Thorough wipe down of all high contact areas on buses to be completed twice daily, this includes handrails, doorknobs, chairs, armrests, and head rests
· Enhanced cleaning process by external cleaning staff
· Ultra-static coating of all bus interiors with medical-grade disinfectant
· Bus capacity has been limited to a maximum of 6 passengers
· Passengers are to maintain one meter minimum distance between each other
The Town continues to closely monitor the COVID-19 pandemic and will continue to execute the best practices laid out by the provincial health authority.
Airdrie Transit is operating with similar safety and cleaning measures and with reduced service hours.
Calgary Transit has instituted a new policy where people boarding the bus must only enter the vehicle at the rear to help protect the health, safety and wellness of citizens and employees.