Rocky View County has issued a countywide fire ban due to current conditions. This ban will remain in effect as long as high-risk conditions remain.
This means all burning and fireworks permits are suspended, and burning is banned with the following exceptions:
- Indoor household fireplaces
- Camp stoves (properly attended)
- Barbecues (charcoal briquettes, propane, or natural gas)
- Wood pellet grills
- Propane/natural gas fire pit
- Oil well flaring (registration required -- call 403-264-1022)
For details on specific fire restrictions during a ban, visit our Fire Bans & Advisories webpage.
For information on fire bans and advisories in other areas of the province, visit AlbertaFireBans.ca.