The COVID-19 numbers for Monday, June 14 continue to trend in the right direction.
- There were 115 new cases in the past 24 hours with a positivity rate of 3.4 per cent.
- Currently, there are 270 people in hospital with 73 of those in ICU.
- There are 3,089 total active cases in the province.
- Rocky View County is accounting for 19 of those cases while Cochrane is adding 13 active cases to the total.
- To date, 3,412.751 doses of the COVID vaccine have been administered in the province.
- That breaks down to 68.8 per cent of the province have received one dose of the vaccine while 20.8 per cent of Albertans are now fully immunized with two doses.
- Sadly another death was reported of a 40-year-old woman from the Central Zone. She is the 70th person under the age of 50 to pass away from COVID-19 in the province. The total number of deaths in the province is now at 2,270.
Dr. Hinshaw is on holiday this week but her team will provide important updates as needed.