Following Health Minister Shandro's disappointing news regarding the delay of vaccines arriving in Alberta, he did confirm that the easing of restrictions will go ahead on Monday, January 18. Dr. Deena Hinshaw provided the COVID-19 numbers update.
- There were 785 new cases reported in the past 24 hours.
- There are 796 people in the hospital with a drop to 124 people in ICU from 136 yesterday.
- Cochrane saw a drop in cases to 45.
- Rocky View County fell by a single case to 78.
- Sadly, 13 more deaths were reported for a total of 1,402 in the province.
- To date, more than 74,000 people have been vaccinated.