The first Moderna vaccines were administered to seniors at long-term and supportive care facilities in Calgary, Edmonton, Lethbridge, Medicine Hat, Grande Prairie, Fort Saskatchewan, St.Paul, and Red Deer on Wednesday, December 30.
It is good news that the province's most vulnerable residents are receiving the vaccination as the provincial numbers continue to be concerning.
- Alberta saw 1,287 new cases in the past 24 hours with 14,700 tests performed for a positivity rate of 8.74%
- There are 921 Albertans in the hospital with 152 in ICU.
- There were 18 more deaths reported bringing the total to 1046
- Alberta surpassed the 100,000 mark of total cases.
- Cochrane has four more new cases for 50 active cases.
- Rocky View County also added four more new cases for a total of 89 active cases.
- To date, 84,826 Albertans have recovered from the virus.