The COVID-19 numbers update for Friday, February 12:
- There were 314 new cases reported in the past 24 hours.
- There are 371 people in the hospital with 66 of those in ICU.
- Sadly, 16 more deaths were reported bringing the provincial total to 1,760.
- COVID-19 variant numbers were also updated, now showing 164 cases of the strain first identified in the U.K. and still seven of the one first found in South Africa – an overall total of 171.
- Cochrane has seven active cases while Rocky View County is reporting 35 active cases.
To date, over 140,000 doses have been administered as of Friday and nearly 46,000 Albertans have been fully immunized with their second dose.