While the number of active cases continues to rise in major Alberta centres, the count here in Cochrane has slowly been heading downward.
With data current as of the end of Dec. 19, Alberta Health Services (AHS) pegged the Town of Cochrane at 48.two less than reported on Friday. Rocky View County has 100 active cases, down from 110 on Friday.
- 1,286 new cases were confirmed on Dec. 19.
- 19,201 active cases provincewide, 9,154 of them in the Edmonton zone and 6,853 in the Calgary Zone
- 760 hospitalized, including 149 in intensive care
- 70,167 Albertans have recovered
- 17,956 new tests were completed on Dec. 19
- 1,611,534 people have been tested and a total of 2,638,451 tests have been completed
Since Friday's report, another 36 Albertans have died, raising that total to 851.
Mandatory public health measures are in effect provincewide, including no social gatherings, mask requirements, and temporary business closures and capacity reductions. They will remain in effect until at least Jan. 12 and are subject to revision.
There will be a further update tomorrow.