While Premier Kenney and Dr. Hinshaw were providing the update for Tuesday, the first frontline workers in Calgary and Edmonton were being immunized. The numbers for Tuesday, December 15 are as follows:
- There were 1,341 new cases in the past 24 hours after 16,353 tests were performed for a positivity rate of 8.2%
- There are 742 people in the hospital with 137 in ICU.
- Eleven more deaths were recorded in the past 24 hours for a total of 744 in the province.
- Cochrane has 55 active cases and has recorded one death.
- Rocky View County has 116 active cases and is also reporting one death.
- Alberta has 20,649 active cases.
- 61,934 people have recovered from COVID 19
The arrival of the vaccine is hopeful but the rising numbers in Alberta continue to be concerning and prompted a reminder from Dr. Hinshaw. "We each need to continue to do everything we can to help prevent one more person from ending up in the hospital for our health, for our loved ones, for our health care workers, and for the system we all rely on."