Dr Deena Hinshaw provided a COVID 19 numbers update for July 2 were as follows:
- over 7500 Albertan's have recovered
- June 30 saw 30 new cases were revealed after processing over 6900 tests
- July 1 after over 7600 tests performed showed 64 new cases
- currently there are 44 people in hospital with 8 in ICU
- one new death was reported in the past 48 hours
Dr Hinshaw took a moment to thank the ASL interpreters. "Who have assisted with every update for the last four months. Randy, Helen and Carla have all worked incredibly hard during difficult circumstances. Thank you for helping make these updates accessible for all Albertans."
Alberta's top doctor will be taking a well deserved week off next week but the COVID 19 numbers will continue to be updated.