Federal Agriculture Minister Marie Claude Bibeau recently announced the first projects to receive funding under the Federal Governments Emergency Processing Fund.
The funding is designed to help businesses purchase reusable PPE, sanitation stations and protective barriers, make adjustments to production lines to enable social distancing, develop additional training and adopt other measures that help safeguard employees from COVID 19.
The announcement last week involved $10.54 million in funding for 32 projects across Canada.
1) Exceldor Cooperative
2) Island Farmhouse Poultry
4) Fraser Valley Packers Inc.
5) Sunnymel Limited Partnership
6) Superior Poultry Processors Ltd.
7) Breton Tradition 1944 Inc
8) Elliot Grain Ltd.
9) Oly-Robi Transformation Commandite Inc
10) Sunrise Poultry Processors
11) Saputo Dairy Products Canada
12) Giraffe Foods
13) Sofina Foods Inc
14) Ganong Bros., Limited
15) Rossdown Natural Foods Ltd.
16) Forestburg Meat Processing Inc
17) Tuckamore Homestead Inc.
18) Silver Valley Farms Ltd.
19) Serres Toundra Inc
20) Bouvry Export Calgary Ltd
21) Acecard Foodgroup Ltd
22) Sierra Custom Foods Inc.
23) Premium Brands Holdings Corporation
24) Ya Ya Foods Corporation
25) Gala Bakery Inc.
26) Hayter’s Turkey Products Inc.
27) Erie Meat Products Ltd
28) R. Fiedler Meat Products Ltd
29) St. Helens Meat Packers Ltd.
30) FGF Brands Inc.
31) Manitoba Ltd. O/A True North Foods
32) Conestoga Meat Packers Ltd