Alberta Environment has issued a number of warnings, watches and high streamflow advisories for the Bow River Basin.
A Flood Warning for the Bow River at Banff, Canmore and Exshaw has been issued.
Water levels could rise between one and two metres, which may cause basement seepage and flooding of low-lying residential areas.
Residents are being asked to keep away from moving water and respect any temporary closures.
Other areas with watches or advisories include:
- Flood Watch - Tributaries to the Bow River upstream of Calgary
- Flood Watch - Elbow River upstream of the Glenmore Reservoir
- Flood Watch - Highwood River from the Town of High River to the Bow River Confluence
- Flood Watch - Fish Creek
- High Streamflow - Bow River mainstem downstream of the City of Calgary to the Oldman River Confluence
- High Streamflow - Jumpingpound Creek
- High Streamflow - Elbow River downstream of the Glenmore Reservoir
- High Streamflow - All tributaries to the Highwood River and the Highwood River upstream of the Town of High River