Alberta’s COVID-19 hospitalization rates remain low at 60 people with eight in intensive care.
One more Albertan has also died in the last 24 hours, bringing the total number of deaths to 126.
In total, 5,377 Albertans have recovered from COVID-19.
In today's update from Alberta Health Services, 72 new cases were reported, bringing the number of total active cases to 1,084.
Three cases remain active in the Cochrane-Springbank geographical area. There have been a total of 20 confirmed cases, 17 of whom have recovered.
Other details released include:
- Cases have been identified in all zones across the province:
- 876 active cases and 3,553 recovered cases in the Calgary zone
- 111 active cases and 1,078 recovered cases in the South zone
- 60 active cases and 446 recovered cases in the Edmonton zone
- 17 active cases and 196 recovered cases in the North zone
- 13 active cases and 85 recovered cases in the Central zone
- Seven active cases and 19 recovered cases in zones yet to be confirmed
- Additional information, including the total number of cases, is reported online.
- There have been 630 cases to date with unknown exposure.
- There have been 193,098 people tested for COVID-19 and a total of 209,317 tests performed by the lab. In the last 24 hours, 4,594 tests have been completed.
- The total deaths are 126: 90 in the Calgary zone; 15 in the North zone; 12 in the Edmonton zone; eight in the South zone; and one in the Central zone.
- There are 97 active cases and 586 recovered cases at continuing care facilities; 92 residents at these facilities have died.