The number of new COVID-19 cases steadily continues to drop and hospitalization has dropped below 50.
In today's update, Health officials report only 18 new confirmed cases in the last 24 hours.
Forty-eight people are in hospital, six of whom are in intensive care.
There remain 814 active cases and 5,869 Albertans have recovered.
Sadly, one more Albertan has died, bringing that total to 135.
There are two active cases in the Cochrane-Springbank geographical area. Of the 20 total cases, 18 have recovered.
Other details of the report include:
- Cases have been identified in all zones across the province:
- Calgary zone: 641 active cases and 3,971 recovered
- South zone: 93 active cases and 1,127 recovered
- Edmonton zone: 55 active cases and 455 recovered
- North zone: 19 active cases and 200 recovered
- Central zone: three active cases and 95 recovered
- Three active cases and 21 recovered cases in zones to be confirmed
- Additional information, including case totals, is online.
- To date, 621 cases have an unknown exposure.
- So far, 212,724 Albertans have been tested and labs have performed 232,774 tests, with 3,981 tests completed in the last 24 hours.
- Deaths total 135: 98 in the Calgary zone; 15 in the North zone; 13 in the Edmonton zone; eight in the South zone; and one in the Central zone.
- There are 74 active cases and 630 recovered cases at continuing care facilities; 101 facility residents have died.