Following Premier Kenney's announcement earlier today (Wednesday, May 26) of the reopening strategies, the benchmark numbers continue to trend in the right direction. Hospitalizations are dropping and vaccinations are rising which is paving the way for the first stage of reopening on June 1.
- The province saw 390 new cases in the past 24 hours with a positivity rate of 6.5%.
- Hospitalizations dropped by 17 cases to 548 while ICU admissions dropped by one for a total of 157.
- Six more people ranging in age from 40-80, have passed away in the past 24 hours for a total of 2,178 deaths in the province.
- There are 10,953 active cases in the province.
- To date, 50 per cent of the population has received one dose of the COVID vaccine while eight per cent of Albertans are fully immunized.
- Close 2.6 million doses have reached the arms of Albertans.
- Locally, active COVID-19 cases continue to drop as Cochrane is now reporting 55 cases and Rocky View County has 133.