Here are the COVID-19 numbers for Friday, April 23.
- There were 1,690 new cases reported in the past 24 hours with a positivity rate of 9.6%.
- Hospitalizations rose sharply by 31 for a total of 549.
- ICU admissions also rose by nine for a total of 125.
- There were 1,184 new cases of variants of concern reported in the past 24 hours.
- VOC now account for 60% of active cases.
- Five more deaths were reported for a total of 2,059.
- To date, 1,319,837 doses of vaccine have been administered in the province.
- Cochrane added one case for a total of 151 and Rocky View County dropped by eight cases for a total of 168.