On the eve of Stage Two of the Open for Summer Plan, COVID-19 benchmarks continue to be surpassed.
Hospitalizations have dropped by another seven cases for a total of 329 with 83 of those cases in ICU.
Active cases in the province have dropped once again to 4,204.
There were 313 new cases reported with a positivity rate of 3.7% on Wednesday, June 9.
To date, 67.2 per cent of the population has received at least one shot of the COVID vaccine while 15.7 per cent have been fully immunized with two doses.
Unfortunately, another five deaths have been reported for a total of 2,256 in the province.
Rocky View County has 35 active cases and Cochrane has dropped to 14 active COVID-19 cases.
A refresher on the restrictions eased in Stage Two of the Open for Summer Plan, effective Thursday, June 10
- Outdoor social gatherings increase to 20 people, with distancing.
- Indoor and outdoor wedding ceremonies may occur with up to 20 attendees. Receptions are permitted outdoors.
- Indoor and outdoor funeral services remain unchanged with up to 20 people permitted. Receptions are permitted outdoors.
- Restaurants may seat tables with up to six people, indoors or outdoors.
- Dining parties are no longer restricted to households only.
- Physical distancing and other restrictions still apply.
- Retail capacity increases to one-third of fire code occupancy.
- Capacity for places of worship increases to one-third of fire code occupancy.
- Gyms and other indoor fitness facilities open for solo and drop-in activities with three-metre distancing between participants and fitness classes may resume with three-metre distancing.
- Indoor settings may open with up to one-third of fire code occupancy, including indoor recreation centres. This includes arenas, cinemas, theatres, museums, art galleries and libraries.
- Indoor and outdoor youth and adult sports resume.
- Youth activities, such as day camps, overnight camps, and play centres, may resume.
- Personal and wellness services can resume walk-in services.
- Post-secondary institutions can resume in-person learning.
- The work-from-home order is lifted but still recommended.
- Outdoor fixed seating facilities (e.g., grandstands) can open with one-third seated capacity.
- Public outdoor gatherings increase to 150 people (e.g., concerts/festivals).
Indoor masking and distancing are required in Stage Two.