Parks Canada has announced the suspension of all camping, group activities, and events until at least May 31.
The update was announced on Wednesday and is in addition to previously announced measures of the suspension of vehicle access and Parks Canada services.
The measures have been put in place to help limit the spread of COVID-19 and will remain in place until further notice.
- All visitor services, including reception, information, lockage and mooring are suspended until further notice;
- All visitor facilities, including parking lots, washrooms, day use areas and visitor centres are closed until further notice;
- All camping facilities including backcountry camping, oTENTiks, and other roofed accommodations remain closed until further notice;
- All events, group and interpretive activities are cancelled until at least May 31, 2020;
- Parks Canada will not be taking new reservations until at least June 1, 2020. All existing reservations set to take place prior to May 31, 2020, will be automatically cancelled and refunded in full.
Parks Canada is urging Canadians to stay home but add highways and roadways that pass through parks will remain open.
Services including highway maintenance, fire response, dam operations and water management on historic waterways, and avalanche control will also continue to be delivered.