Cochrane Piranhas had a successful first meet in Didsbury on June 4.
45 Piranha swimmers took part in the first competition of the season with many achieving personal best times.
Sheila Bryant, Communications Director shares some of the top results.
- Ben Barclay placed 1st in boys 9/10 year old 25m backstroke and 100m individual medley.
- Stephanie Gross placed 1st in girls 15-17 year old 50m backstroke, 2nd in 50m breast, and 100m individual medley.
- Zachary Michalski placed 1st in boys 15-17 year old 200m freestyle, 3rd place in 100m individual medley, and 50m breaststroke.
- Sarah Nusl placed 1st in girls 13/14 year old 50 m back, 50m free, 100m individual medley, 2nd place in 50m breast.
- Connor Swedlo placd 2nd place in boys 15-17 year old 50m free, 50m back, and 100m individual medley
- Eric Swedlo also placed 1st in boys 13/14 year old 50m breast, 2nd place in 100m individual medley, and 3rd place in 50m freestyle.
A full list of results can be found here.
Bryant adds the swimmers had lots of fun with their friends in the club.
"The first swim meet of the year is an exciting time. For those new to the club, it's often times their first competition so there is tons of excitement and a few nerves. For those veterans there is the promise and excitement of what the season brings."
The Piranhas next meet is Saturday June 11 in Okotoks, where 411 swimmers are registered in total with 35 being Piranhas.