The first of three advance polls open tomorrow in Rocky View County.

The advance polls are being held Oct. 7 thru Oct. 9 at the Rocky View County Hall, 262075 Rocky View Point and are open from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. each day.

Eligible county residents can vote for one candidate in their division.

A key change is a reduction in electoral divisions to seven from nine. A map below illustrates the new divisions.

Besides voting for county councillors at the advance polls, RVC residents can cast ballots for either their Calgary Catholic School District or Rocky View School Division trustee.

It should be noted there are additional advance poll locations for both school authorities for some Rocky View residents.

Residents can also select three Senate candidates that will be recommended for appointment by the provincial government. The Prime Minister has no obligation to appoint people on the shortlist. 

The two referendum questions are on whether or not the principle of equalization payments be removed from Canada's constitution, and if Alberta should remain in Daylight Savings Time year-round.

Who can vote:

You are eligible to vote in the municipal general election in Rocky View County if you:

  • Are at least 18 years old
  • Are a Canadian citizen
  • Have your place of residence located in Rocky View County on Election Day
  • Are a resident of the division to vote for councillor
  • Provide one of the authorized pieces of identification.

ID requirements for a municipal election are different than provincial and federal elections. Make sure you know what is accepted in order to vote.

A list of candidates in each division and full details on the Rocky View County election can be found here.

RVC electoral divisionsThe new electoral divisions of Rocky View County. (Map/RVC)