Today, Rocky View County has announced it's also closing all of it playgrounds.
This decision applies to areas maintained by both the county and other community organizations, including:
- Bearspaw Lifestyle Centre
- Watermark East and West, Bearspaw
- Bottrel Park
- Cambridge Park, Conrich
- Chestermere Rec Centre
- Dalroy Community
- Elbow River Estates
- Indus Rec Centre
- Langdon Boulder Creek East and West
- Langdon Park
- Prairie Royal Estates, northeast Rocky View County
- Springbank Equestrian Centre
- Springbank Park For All Seasons
- Harmony Peanut Park and Morning Vista Estates, Springbank
- Charles Butler Community Association, Symons Valley
County officials say this decision supplements announcements from the federal and provincial governments, as well as Rocky View Schools, to limit public gatherings and maintain physical distancing to help control the spread of COVID-19.
This precautionary step is due to the close proximity around playground equipment, the number of surfaces and people touching those surfaces, inability to maintain cleanliness, and crowds of all ages that often gather in these areas.
The use of playground equipment has also been banned by the Town of Cochrane and school divisions.
All officials do encourage people to stay physically active but maintain safe distances from others.