Due to the recent rain, the fire risk has diminished enough for Rocky View County to lift the fire ban that was in effect and downgrade to a fire advisory.
A reminder that a fire advisory means that all burning and fireworks permits are suspended, and burning is banned, with the following exceptions:
- Indoor household fireplaces
- Incinerators (for farm and acreage use)
- Burning barrels
- Camp stoves (properly attended)
- Barbecues (charcoal briquettes, propane, or natural gas)
- Wood pellet grills
- Propane/natural gas fire pit
- Recreational campfires in an approved burn pit
- Fires contained within approved facilities and appliances in designated camping and recreational areas
- Oil well flaring
For details on specific fire restrictions during an advisory, visit our Fire Bans & Advisories webpage.