On Thursday March 12, 2020, Rocky View Schools released a letter to parents and guardians pertaining to COVID-19 and the updated actions they are taking.
- In reaction to the WHO pandemic declaration,RVS has decided to cancel all overnight student field trips outside the Province of Alberta effective immediately
- Absenteeism will be closely monitored in a way of monitoring the health of students and track the reasons for student absences
- If a student arrives at school with flu symptoms or develop symptoms at school the student will be taken to the infirmary and await to be picked up by parent or guardian
- Schools will continue to encourage students to practice proper hand washing, covering sneezes and coughs and review the importance of not sharing food water or personal items
- Cleaning practices by custodial staff and bus drivers has been increased
- All water fountains have been turned off
Rocky View Schools will continue to monitor the situation closely and provide updates in a timely manner.