Officials announced today that second dose COVID0-19 vaccinations have been moved ahead by a week.
This means effective immediately, anyone who was vaccinated in April or earlier can now book their second dose of the COVID-19 vaccine.
Another 650,000 people are now eligible to be immunized against the virus.
The COVID-19 numbers for Thursday, June 10, the first day of Stage Two reopening continue to trend in the right direction.
- There were 178 new cases reported in the past 24 hours with a positivity rate of 3.3 per cent.
- There were 138 cases of variants of concern identified in the past 24 hours.
- There are active alerts and outbreaks in 238 schools or 10 per cent of schools in the province.
- Hospititalizations dropped by another 23 cases for a total of 306 while there are 81 people in ICU.
- Sadly, six additional deaths have been reported bringing the total in the province to 2,262.
- Rocky View County dropped to 33 active cases while Cochrane added one case for a total of 15 active cases.
- To date, 3.2 million Albertans have received at least one dose of COVID vaccine. That mean 67.2 per cent of the population has receive one dose and 15.7 per cent of residents are now fully immunized with two shots.
Officials are asking any Albertan who has received a first or second dose outside of the country or in another province can bring a copy of their immunization records to one of the 141 AHS public health clinics located throughout the province to have their immunization record updated. You can also contact 811 for assistance in locating the nearest option or determining what information needs to be submitted.