Cochrane Piranhas competed in their second swim meet June 10 and 11.
411 swimmers registered for the two day meet which saw 1488 individual swims and 134 relay swims.
Breanna Hendriks Head Coach for the Piranhas says the club did fantastic.
"The meet went great, lots of improvement, overall the kids improved. I didn't calculate exactly how much percent best times but it is probably close to about 90. So it was pretty impressive."
Hendriks says many of the swimmers are from last year and their times are continuing to improve.
"Still lots of work to be done for the rest of the season."
Although the Piranhas lost some of their older swimmers this year, Hendriks shares the potential for up and coming swimmers over the next couple of years will be incredible.
"It's long term, as well I want them to improve now but at the same time I want them to be really good swimmers, really well rounded swimmers for the strokes and IM's, for later on their careers as well."
Hendriks says she is a bit of a stickler when it comes to coaching.
"One of my coaching philosophies I have always gone by is technique before speed. So I am really hardcore on you have to have the proper stroke, they have to be able to have the right body position, and then they can go really fast."
Hendriks believes technique is extremely important for building long term athletes not just for swimming but in general.
The results from last weekend show how well all the swimmers are progressing, and Hendricks says the whole club is doing amazing.
- Sarah Nusl 13/14 year old girls- 1st 100m Freestyle, 1st 200m Freestyle, 1st 100m Breast, 2nd 50m Fly
- Ben Barclay 9/10 year old boys- 1st 25m Fly, 1st 25m Backstroke, 2nd 200m Free and 100m Individual Medley
- Zachary Michalski 15-17 year old boys- 1st 200m Freestyle
- Connor Swedlo 15-17 year old boys- 2nd 50m Freestyle and 100m Freestyle
- Eric Swedlo 13/14 year old boys- 1st 50m Breast and 100m Freestyle, 2nd 100m Breast
- Jordyn Johnsen 11/12 year old girls- 1st 100m Freestyle, 2nd in 200m Freestyle, 3rd in 50m Freestyle
- Kaitlyn Eiserman 7/8 year old events- 2nd Breast, 3rd 50m Backstroke
- Ella Kruger 9/10 year old- 3rd 200m Free
- Bria Michalski 11/12 year old- 3rd Breast
- Relay Team 12 and Under (Aggie Baker, Ashlyn Parker, Georgia Sather, Madyson Cheverie)- 2nd 200 Medley Relay
- Relay Team 14 and Under (Jake Barclay, Eric Swedlo, Max Kruger, Bryson Hammer)- 1st 200 Medley Relay
- Relay Team 14 and Under (Jake Barclay, Eric Swedlo, Max Kruger, Bryson Hammer)- 1st 200m Freestyle
- Relay Team 12 and Under (Owen Johnsen, Ben Barclay, Aaron Swedlo, Michael Blydo)- 3rd 200m Freestyle
For full results of the Okotoks meet you can find them here.