Alberta recorded 60 new COVID-19 cases on Monday, June 21. The lowest count reported in a 24 hour period in months.
The positivity rate is at 2.1 per cent.
There are now 2,003 active cases in the province with Rocky View County accounting for 16 of those cases and Cochrane 12.
There are 214 people are in the hospital with an increase of three admissions to ICU bringing that total to 56.
Another two deaths have been reported bringing the total in the province to 2,292.
To date, 3.8 million doses of vaccine have now been administered in the province with 70.7 per cent of Albertans have received at least one dose while 29.2per cent of residents is now fully immunized with two shots of COVID vaccine.
The province added more prizes to the Open for Summer Lottery on Monday to entice more residents to get their first shot of vaccine. Due to the fact that the second dose uptake is rising faster than the first dose rollout.
Calgary Stampede family admissions and ride packages, rodeo and performance packages, as well as general admissions, will be included in the first Open for Summer Lottery draw.
The prize breakdown is as follows:
- 50 winners will receive admission for two adults and two children with two Ride & Play passes.
- 150 winners will receive admission only for two adults and two children.
- 25 winners will receive admission and two tickets to an afternoon rodeo.
- 25 winners will receive admission and two tickets to an evening performance.
- 10 winners will receive admission and two Nashville North Buck the Line passes.
- 125 winners will receive four admission passes.
- 250 winners will receive two admission passes.
Health Minister Shandro says, “Thanks to vaccine protection from COVID-19, we are all winners. I encourage Albertans to continue signing up for both their first and second-dose appointments. Vaccines not only keep everyone safe, but they pave a clear path for Albertans to safely get back to their favourite activities, including enjoying a warm summer day at the Calgary Stampede.”
To book your vaccine appointment and for more information on the lottery, click HERE.