Strict new health guidelines that go into effect today include all indoor and out social gatherings are banned. A province-wide mask mandate will be implemented for all indoor public places and workplaces.
As of 12:01 a.m. Sunday, December 13, the following restrictions will go into effect:
- All places of worship and retail services will be limited to 15% of fire code occupancy
- Restaurants, bars, and cafes will close to in-person service with only takeout and cubside pickup permitted
- All recreational facilities will close
- All entertainment facilities will close
- All personal and wellness services will close
- Mandatory work from home measures will be implemented (at the discretion of employers)
The restrictions will remain in effect for a four week period in an attempt to flatten the curve of rising COVID 19 cases.
For complete details go to the AHS website.
In the meantime, the province saw another 1,717 new cases in the past 24 hours with 654 in hospital and 112 in ICU.
Cochrane is now at 66 active cases with Rocky View County at 149.