If you are heading out to enjoy Glenbow Provincial Park take note of a couple of trail closures.
According to Alberta Parks, Scott Trail and Yodel Loop at Glenbow Ranch Provincial Park are closed until further notice due to the presence of cattle and their calves.
For those who are heading into Kananaskis Country, Alberta Parks is advising that the Eau Claire Campground Interpretive Trail has been closed, until further notice, for a female moose and her two calves.
The family is frequenting the trail and the surrounding willows and a previous separation between the cow and a calf has caused stress in the animals.
Although the closure is for a specific area, visitors are reminded that a moose can be encountered anytime in K-country and that caution should be practiced.
- Keep your pet on a leash at all times.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Keep your distance and yield to moose on the trail.
- Never get between a cow and her calf.
- Carry and know how to use bear spray.