The COVID-19 numbers update for Tuesday, March 30 are as follows.
- There were 576 news cases reported in 24 hours for a positivity rate of 7.7%.
- There are now 7,975 active cases in the province.
- There were 332 cases of variants of concern reported which now account for 29% of active cases.
- There are 301 people in the hospital with 58 in ICU.
- Four additional deaths have been reported for a total of 1,987 in the province.
- Rocky View County reported five new cases for a total of 97 active cases.
- Cochrane has added four new cases for a total of 37 active cases.
- To date, over 620,000 doses of vaccine have been administered in the province.
Phase 2B of the vaccination rollout started today. Residents eligible for phase 2A who haven't received their shot yet are encouraged to do so.