A chinook has brought warmer temperatures to town, but with it comes a wind warning for Cochrane.
Environment Canada warns of strong westerly winds gusting between 90 and 100 km/h but the gusts are expected to weaken this afternoon.
Weather experts warn that damage to buildings, roof shingles and windows, could occur, as well as snapping tree branches.
The Wind warning is in effect for the following areas:
- Rocky View Co. near Cochrane
- Mountain View Co. near Carstairs and Stirlingville
- Mountain View Co. near Cremona and Water Valley
- Mountain View Co. near Olds and Didsbury
- Mountain View Co. near Sundre
- Rocky View Co. near Airdrie and Crossfield
- Rocky View Co. near Bottrel and Madden