Update: The wind warning for Cochrane has ended as of 10:30 a.m.
A wind warning is currently in effect for Cochrane and the surrounding areas, for the second day.
Strong northwesterly winds gusting between 90 and 100 km/h will continue throughout the day and ease by this evening.
Environment Canada had previously issued a snowsquall warning for our area also, which has now been lifted. Cochrane is, however, expecting snow on and off throughout the day which combined with high winds will contribute to low visibility at times. Drivers are urged to adjust their driving to meet the weather conditions.
Weather experts warn that damage to buildings, roof shingles and windows, could occur, as well as snapping tree branches.
The Wind warning is in effect for the following areas:
- Rocky View Co. near Cochrane
- Mountain View Co. near Carstairs and Stirlingville
- Mountain View Co. near Cremona and Water Valley
- Mountain View Co. near Olds and Didsbury
- Mountain View Co. near Sundre
- Rocky View Co. near Airdrie and Crossfield
- Rocky View Co. near Bottrel and Madden