Local producers and service providers are stepping up to show their support of our new aquatic/curling multi-sport centre.
Counting down until official ribbon cutting day, a variety of Cochrane businesses are either introducing a special Rock the Waves item or donating a portion of proceeds toward fundraising efforts.
Laurie Drukier, Town of Cochrane, Senior Communications Advisor, says the countdown begins June 1 and all business/providers are invited to take part in the tidal wave of giving.
"They can pick any product or service that they want to create or they want to name 'Rock the Waves', there are lots of providers out there that are having fun with it, and they can contribute whatever portion of the proceeds makes sense for them."
Drukier says while any business who joins will be part of the town's marketing campaign, it is really about the creating some excitement and rallying around the community facility that everyone will use.
"It's about getting the excitement up in the community as well as giving businesses another opportunity to contribute. Getting more people involved earlier and building the excitement and making everybody aware of that countdown day is good for everybody; we know people in the community are excited and this is just another way to add to that."
So far the following businesses are on board with more being added each day:
- Big Hill Pizza: Big wave pizza special with ham, pineapple and cheddar cheese
- Cob’s Fresh Bread: Blue sprinkle fun bun
- Cochrane Coffee Traders: Rock the Waves special blend coffee
- Half Hitch Brewery: Rock the Waves beer cask promotion
- Half Hitch Brewery: Signature cocktail featuring Krang’s RTW sour cherry spirit
- Jugo Juice: Rock the Waves (big blue) smoothie
- Krang Distillery: Rock the Waves sour cherry signature spirit
- Mackay’s Cochrane Ice Cream: Rock the Waves shark attack ice cream
- Pat’s Palate Pleasers: Rock the Waves hot chocolate
There are also non-food businesses participating:
- Cochrane Movie House: Screen time to promote the countdown
- Ideal Weight Management: test your antioxidant level and body composition
Drukier says all businesses are invited to take part and will receive a window cling announcing their support. If you would like to be involved in the count down to opening day, contact Rebecka Freels at [email protected]
Currently, Rock the Waves fundraising campaign sits at $ 4,664,386.07 of its 10.6 million dollar goal.