There are now 1,162 confirmed recovered cases of COVID-19 in the province, according to today's update provided by the Alberta Government.
A total of 165 new cases have been reported, bringing the total number of cases to 2,562. Sadly, one Albertan has died since the last report, bringing the total number of reported deaths to 51.
The update includes:
- There remains a total of 14 cases in the Cochrane-Springbank region. Eleven have recovered, and three are active.
- Cases have been identified in all zones across the province:
- 1,820 cases in the Calgary zone, 71 [er cent of all cases in the province
- 433 cases in the Edmonton zone
- 137 cases in the North zone
- 76 cases in the Central zone
- 77 cases in the South zone
- 19 cases in zones yet to be confirmed
- Of these cases, there are currently 57 people in the hospital, 14 of whom have been admitted to intensive care units (ICU).
- 450 cases are suspected of being community-acquired.
- The total deaths are 35 in the Calgary zone, eight in the Edmonton zone, seven in the North zone, and one in the Central zone.
- To date, 293 cases have been confirmed at continuing care facilities, and 32 residents at these facilities have died.
- There have been 92,962 people tested for COVID-19 and a total of 96,897 tests performed by the lab. In the last 24 hours, 4,092 tests have been completed.
- The 310 call centre is assuming standard hours of operation, from 8:15 a.m. to 6 p.m. weekdays, and is not open this weekend.