Cochranites came out in droves to cast their ballots during the five days of advance polling at Frank Wills Memorial Hall.
Elections Alberta is out with the unofficial voter turnout numbers for advance voting, which was held from May 23-27, 2023.
“For the second election in a row we have seen record-breaking voter turnout during advance voting days,” said Glen Resler, Chief Electoral Officer for Elections Alberta. “In 2019, we saw 700,476 ballots cast during the five days of advance voting, this year we have welcomed 758,550 to the polls so far.”
The ten busiest advance voting locations in the province included:
- ED 83 (St. Albert): St. Albert Centre
- ED 81 (Sherwood Park): Sherwood Park Mall
- ED 01 (Calgary-Acadia): Southcentre Mall
- ED 14 (Calgary-Hays): McKenzie Towne Church
- ED 08 (Calgary-Edgemont): Foothills Alliance Church
- ED 65 (Highwood): Okotoks Centennial Hall
- ED 02 (Calgary-Beddington): Huntington Hills Community Hall and Sportsplex
- ED 33 (Edmonton-Gold Bar): Bonnie Doon Centre
- ED 47 (Airdrie-Cochrane): Frank Wills Memorial Hall
- ED 23 (Calgary-Shaw): Cardel Rec South
There were 330 advance voting locations that offered the Vote Anywhere Service, giving electors the ability to vote at any advance voting location in the province. Of the 758,550 people who have voted since May 23, 21.9% voted outside of their electoral division, according to a statement from Elections Alberta.
Today is election day in Alberta, the polls will be open until 8 p.m.
For live, up-to-date coverage tune into 91.5 FM CochraneNow starting at 7 p.m. and online at cochranenow.com