Environment Canada has issued a snowfall warning for parts of Alberta including Cochrane and the surrounding regions.
The heaviest of the snowfall is expected to start in northern Alberta near Grande Cache and Jasper on Monday afternoon and then spread south toward the Calgary area by evening. The snowfall will continue through Monday night and into Tuesday. We could see between 15 to 25 cm.
The heavy snowfall is expected to taper off late Tuesday afternoon and into the evening.
Drivers are being reminded to adjust their habits and drive according to the conditions as visibility may be suddenly reduced and road conditions may be poor at times.
The snowfall warning is also in effect for:
- Mountain View Co. near Carstairs and Stirlingville
- Mountain View Co. near Cremona and Water Valley
- Mountain View Co. near Olds and Didsbury
- Mountain View Co. near Sundre
- Rocky View Co. near Airdrie and Crossfield
- Rocky View Co. near Bottrel and Madden
You can view the entire forecast for Cochrane HERE.